MANifest Change offers male-led activities to young men that explore positive masculinity, healthy boundaries and consent skills. It is both self-reflective and action-oriented – participants gain awareness of their own masculine identities and practice the skills of recognizing, preventing and de-escalating violence safely. Informed by the anti-violence expertise of women and LGBTTQ+ leaders in Ottawa, MANifest Change builds empathy for ourselves and people of all genders.
- Delivered in one-to-one relationships, over 5 sessions in a psycho-educational group or through weekend retreat formats
- Adaptable to young men’s cognitive needs and cultural values
Ingredients for Train-the-Trainer success:
- Your agency’s staff - male role models who develop rapport with young men, who model healthy boundaries and can self-reflect on his own masculinity
- Access to OCTEVAW’s knowledge about impacts of Gender-based Violence on girls and women and LGBTTQ+ folks, paired with awareness of male experiences of violence
- Commitment to implement the programming with young men in Winter/Spring 2017.
Note that MANifest Change programming is designed to be delivered to young men by masculine-identifying people. However, non-masculine program managers or agency staff are welcome to join the training and contribute to the learning environment.
Need more answers? Try our FAQ
Register by Jan. 9, 2017
- Contact MANifest Change Coordinator Matt Schaaf at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613 400 8727 to schedule an interview about your agency’s service delivery model.
- Register your staff for the training event. On-site training for six or more staff is also available - please contact the Coordinator.
Thanks to the support of Crime Prevention Ottawa the training and all follow-up support is offered to agencies at NO COST. For agencies outside of Ottawa, see our FAQ.
Staff must attend all three days of training, which is delivered in English, with some written resources available in French.
Monday, Jan. 16, Tuesday, Jan. 17 and Wednesday, Jan. 18
8:30am - 4:30pm
The MANifest Change Coordinator will support your planning and delivery of MANifest Change materials into your service delivery model. This includes in-person coaching sessions, co-facilitation of psycho-educational groups, email and phone support from training until April 30, 2017. Learn more about integrating MANifest Change into your programming in our FAQ.